Split securiteinfo.hdb into 2 files
In may 2018, securiteinfo.hdb is really big. It's size is 300 Mb. This cause a lot of difficulties :
- Customers spend a lot of time downloading this huge file.
- The file tooks a lot of RAM and may slower the scanning for malwares.
- The bandwidth of our server (1Gb/s) is full during 3 hours a day.
- The creation process of securiteinfo.hdb takes hours to complete.
We took the decision to split securiteinfo.hdb into 2 files :
- securiteinfo.hdb : detects malwares younger than 3 years.
- securiteinfoold.hdb : detects malwares older than 3 years.
securiteinfoold.hdb will be updated once a month.
securiteinfo.hdb will still be updated every day.
How to use securiteinfoold.hdb ?
This split will be done 7th may 2018.
As you understood, securiteinfoold.hdb detects very old malwares. The usage is recommended when you need full security, including detection for very old malwares.
We believe that securiteinfoold.hdb is not necessary for everyday protection.
If you need it, you will find the URL of the new securiteinfoold.hdb in your personnal account
The URL of securiteinfo.hdb is not changed.